The Museum of Health Care at Kingston is encouraging all families and stuffy lovers to join in on the fun of this full day, virtual adventure to be held on Family Day, Monday February 21, 2022.
Throughout the day there will be LIVE Zoom events, and prerecorded videos available on the Museum’s YouTube channel. Check out the details below for Zoom event times, and how to access videos of Teddy’s adventures!
Keep an eye on the clock! Join in on a live Zoom call!
- 10:00am ET: Talk to an X-Ray Tech! Question and Answer Period for Kids with Karen Pearson, Director of Imaging Services, Kingston Health Sciences Centre
- How do x-rays work? Does it hurt to have an x-ray? What is it like to be an x-ray and ultrasound tech? Join us live to have all your questions answered!
- 11:00am ET: What is That?! A Museum Artifact Guessing Game
- Some of the tools doctors use today haven’t changed a lot, but some of them definitely have! Join us for a live guessing game as we show you some of the tools that doctors and nurses would have used long ago.
- 12:00pm (noon) ET: Talk to at Doc! Question and Answer Period for Kids with Dr. Frank Poce, Family Physician
- Here’s your chance to ask all your questions about what it’s like to be a doctor, how doctors can help when you are sick and keep you healthy–and why your tummy hurts when you eat too much ice cream!
Visit the Museum’s YouTube Channel for crafts, stories and videos from our friends in the community.
Don’t forget to register for a free craft kit! See registration link below.
Crafts, Songs and Stories
- Teddy Gets a Check Up
- Teddy’s getting a check up today! What happens at a check up? What does that doctor’s tool do? Watch as Teddy learns about different doctor’s tools and more!
- Teddy Visits Frontenac Paramedics
- Have you ever wondered what the inside of ambulance looks like or what it’s like to be a paramedic? Join Teddy as he visit Frontenac Paramedics.
- Fiona Bear Gets an X-Ray and Ultrasound with Kingston Health Sciences Imaging Services Team
- Oh dear! Fiona Bear has hurt her arm and leg while playing in the snow. Tag along as she visits the hospital for an x-ray and ultrasound to make sure everything is okay.
- Nervous about Needles with Kingston Frontenac Public Library
- Do needles make you nervous? You are not the only one! Get some great advice about staying calm–you might be surprised who also gets nervous!
- Build your own Germ Craft with Teddy—Download the instructions here
- Getting sick isn’t fun, but this craft sure is! Grab you craft kit and get ready for some good clean fun!
- Create your own X-Ray Craft with Teddy—Download the instructions here
- Did you know there are 206 bones in the human body and most of them are in our hands and feet? Grab your craft kit and create your own hand x-ray.
- Taking Care of Teddy’s Teeth
- Join Nancy Murphy, Registered Dental Hygienist, KFL&A Public Health as she shows you how to brush away those pesky germs that can make our teeth unhealthy. Grab a toothbrush and follow along to give teddy a healthy, sparkly smile!
Questions? Contact Claire Notman, Programming & Communications Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-548-2419