Full-Time Permanent Position
The Museum of Health Care at Kingston is currently seeking a Curator, with an anticipated start date of January 2022. The Curator has overall responsibility for planning, organizing, and supervising the activities and personnel of the Curatorial Department of the Museum of Health Care (MHC). This position has been vacant since February 2020.
- Collections development, maintenance, and management, exhibition development, programmatic support, and department staffing.
- Undertaking research relevant to the Museum’s collection.
- Responding to public information requests.
- Building the Museum’s public profile within the regional community, as well as within national and international organizations.
- Fulfilling the museum’s mandate and acting as an ambassador and spokesperson to relevant community-based and educational organizations.
Full-time, salaried position at $35,000 – $40,000 per year, commensurate with experience. Following a 3 month probation, salaried staff are eligible for a benefits package.
- A degree/diploma in a field that is applicable to the mandate of the Museum (e.g., history, social sciences, archeology, anthropology, health sciences);
- A degree/diploma from a Museum Studies program;
- Curatorial and collections research experience, preferably in a museum environment or an equivalent in education and experience.
- A demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively on exhibition teams and advisory committees.
- Experience with project management and staff supervision duties in a museum or related institution.
- Bilingual ability in French (written and oral).
The Museum of Health Care is an equal opportunity employer and accommodation is available on request throughout the selection process.
Please submit via email a cover letter, resume, and three references with contact information (.pdf or .doc/.docx format only) by 5:00 pm on October 17, 2021 to:
Museum of Health Care at Kingston
Attn: Eleanor Rivoire, President
Ann Baillie Building National Historic Site, 32 George Street
Kingston, Ontario K7L 2V7